Here is where its going. Interests of mine include:
- Sports media: From ESPN's Around the Horn and PTI, to talk radio, to HBO's Real Sports what's good, what's crap, who knows there stuff, and who is full of hot air?
- Golf. The greatest of games.
- I grew up playing soccer, baseball, and basketball. I even played two of these sports in college. Today, I love to surf, ski, and play golf. I also play some squash and practice yoga and I love the outdoors. I believe that not enough people make the transition to these lifelong sports and activities.
- Things I read and Watch and listen to: I prefer si.com although I wish I read more of ESPN's The Sports Guy as he is certainly an inspiration, NY Times Sports Section, Espn's PTI and Around the Horn, WFAN Radio, ESPN Radio, and I've read tons of sports books like many by John Feinstein (though I don't care for them any longer), The Best American Sports Writing series, etc. I love Outside Magazine, Golf Digest, and the Cloudeveil and Patagonia catalogs.
- Travel. I won't list the places I've been...yet. But surfing and skiing and golfing are great ways to see the world.
- Indeed, I am a hoops junky. I would gladly watch Argentina vs Spain in a quarterfinal at the World Basketball Championships. I watch the NIT, and I am passionate about Division III basketball. The great site d3hoops.com and my frequent posts in the NESCAC room also inspired this Blog.
- A sampler of people who have inspired me are: MLK, Hemingway, Springsteen, Dean Smith, Tiger, Obama, Kelly Slater and a whole host of surfers, Dick Vitale, Hubie Brown, Frank Deford, Jim Nantz, Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo, Brandon Tierney, Steven A. Smith, Jim Rome, Don Imus (I'm a fan of his...perhaps a future post?), the whole WFAN cast, Scott Van Pelt, Herm Edwards--"You play to win the game!," and many coaches and players sure to appear in future blog entries.
We'll see how this goes.
"I only know how to play two ways, and that's reckless and abandon."
-Magic Johnson
Hmmm... seems like the blogging has dried up a bit. Maybe if you re-read this post, it will inspire you with all that you had planned.
ReplyDelete